Pain medicine more effective than Norco for back and hip stiffness?

I would like to know of a pain medication that is more effective than Norco 10 mg/325 mg also what can be taken for the severe stiffness I have from the arthritis I have in my back and hip
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: All the stronger drugs need prescription. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The pain medications better than Norco are - methadone; Demerol; Oxymorphone; MS Contin; Naproxen; Piroxicam The other treatment options include oral muscle relaxants, hot fomentation, lubricating agents like glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin , dycerin, etc calcium supplements and some life style modifications and physiotherapy. All these are prescription only medicines and are best if taken under the guidance of your orthopedician. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL