Pain lateral left side, unable to move. Could be indigestion ?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
pain lateral left side --- could be indigestion? pangs that would not let me move
Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

If your appetite and bowel movements are normal then it is unlikely to be indigestion.

In view of a positive cytomegalovirus (CMV) test there is a likelihood of spleen having enlarged giving rise to continuous pain. An ultrasound of the abdomen will confirm if the spleen is enlarged.

There is also a faint chance of it being a renal calculus. Ultrasound again will confirm this if present.

I hope this answers your query pertaining to the left sided pain. If you have any further queries kindly write back.

With Regards