Pain, itching and bleeding from the clitoral skin. Treatment?

The skin directly covering(hood) my clitorals is bleeding, itching, and painful. should i be worried?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
It seems that you are suffering from vulvovaginitis me which is an inflammation or infection of the vulva and vagina. It may be caused by chafing, friction or a fungal infection with a superadded bacterial infection. Change in color, consistency or odour of vaginal discharge is also commonly associated with it.
The other reason can be an allergic reaction to soaps, detergents, shower gel and condoms etc.
I suggest you that you consult your gynecologist as you need to get a pelvic swab sample done for the cervical discharge to rule out any bacterial or fungal infection. Oral antibiotics and antifungal agents are generally needed for treatment. Apply cold compresses and wear cotton undergarments. Till then you can tabley Motrin 1 tablet every 4-6 hours with food. Till you viist your physician, follow these simple lifestyle measures:
1) Avoid rough intercourse/ masturbation and use a water based lubricant during intercourse.
2) Wear cotton underwear and avoid douching or using feminine products.
3) Avoid using perfumed soaps and sanitary napkins, bubble baths and toiletries.
4) Change your undergarments daily. Wash them in hot water and double rinse (to remove any irritating detergent).
5) Have a proper diet and sleep well.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.