Pain in wrist, swelling, pain in fingers. Went for acupuncture. No relief. Whom should I consult?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
One month ago, i had pain in my wrist i think that was because i did work out too much from the spinning class! so i went to the acupuncturist and my pain got better.
however, all the sudden i have vein pain and swelling in my wrist area and foor area. i have some pain in my fingers and sometime my arms area also hurt. Do you know why i have pain in my veins.and what kind of doctor should i see. ? its sharp and the pain comes and goes. T..T

One month ago,
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Pain in the wrist and on extending the fingers may occur probably be due to inflammation of the tendons or nerve inflammation caused by stress.

Diagnosis can vary from bursitis or tenosynovitis. Exact diagnosis can be made only after proper examination by an orthopaedician. So I suggest you to consult one.

In the meanwhile, for symptomatic relief:
1. Give enough rest to your hand muscle.
2. Take mild pain killers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
3. Stronger prescription NSAIDS with muscle relaxants may help if simple analgesics do not help.
4. Hot compresses to your arm and wrist will be useful pain relieving measure. You may apply a local analgesic gel on that area.
5. Wrist and forearm stretches can be helpful under the guidance of a physiotherapist after the acute pain subsides.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.