Pain in wrist due to lifting weights. How to fix it ?

one morning i woke up and my wrist was in a great deal of pain, it could have been from weight lifting. it has been sore for 2 months now, i still lift weights and today i lifted weights and it has gotten worse, what can i do to fix it and can i still workout?
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later

Thanks for the query

I would like to know more about the situation in order to help you better

1. From the past two months had the pain subsided for a while? Or has it been the same?
2. Do you have any limitation of movements in the affected joint?
3. Have you been increasing your weights over the past two months?
4. Did you try taking pain killers? If yes did it help?

Please get back to me with the answers. I am awaiting your reply.

I wish you good health
Follow-up: Pain in wrist due to lifting weights. How to fix it ? 8 hours later
The pain was the same,no, i havent increased weight,no pain killers
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 11 hours later

Thanks for replying

It looks like you might be suffering from inflammation of that joint. I would recommend you to approach an orthopedician for an x XXXXXXX of the wrist joint.
Anti inflammatory drugs like Ketodalac will help in your case and reduce the pain to a great extent. Please ask your doctor for a prescription
I recommend you to stop lifting weights for 15 days as this might worsen the inflammation and add stress at the joint.

I hope I have answered to your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you good health