Pain in upper side near shoulder, above breasts near armpits

Question
I have pain on the upper left side close to my shoulder blade that's also affecting the upper left side above my boobs close to my armpits,it gets worst at certain times.I do not wake up with this pain,it comes on during the day
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later

The pain you have and the site on involvement indicates it to be due to Musculoskeletal problem.Most common being simple Muscle sprain.

Such muscle sprain usually gets aggravated during the day after mild exertion.

Do apply topical pain killers like DICLOFENAC gel over the affected area twice daily for three days.This will surely provide you considerable relief.

If there is no improvement then there would be need for hand on examination to ascertain the exact cause.It is then you may have to consult your GP.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

regards,