Pain in upper right abdomen and back. Feel relieved after eating

Jan 2013

Hi I am experiencing pain on the upper right side of my abdomen, sometimes the pain goes to my back, I also feel relief if I eat something

Thank you
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 12 minutes later
Do you have fever/ vomiting/ yellow discoloration of sclera & urine/ fever/vomiting/ acidic belching/ abdominal heaviness/ abdominal bloating/ excessive flatulence?
In RUQ, following organs are present: liver, gall bladder, hepatic flexure of large intestine, 2nd part of duodenum, part of right kidney.
Pain increasing after eating occurs only in three conditions: acute or chronic cholecystitis, acute or chronic pancreatitis and peptic ulcer disease.
But in your case, you are getting relief after food and this is very specific for gastric ulcer.
Have you undergone ultrasound imaging? What was its report?
You should consult with physician/ gastro-physician and should go for following investigations: complete blood count, liver function test, endoscopy, ultrasound imaging, CT/ MRI if needed.
You should take proton pump inhibitors and prokinetics for relief of pain.
If in endoscopy, ulcer has to be found, then you should go for H. pylori treatment.
I have answered almost all queries.
Put your views if any one, It will be my great pleasure.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava