Pain in upper leg. No bruise or lump found. Which specialist should I consult?

hi, my 17 year old daughter has complained for about a year that her upper leg (front) hurt and tonight she showed it to me and as usual i couldnt see anything, like a bruise. I felt it, didnt feel like a lump, wasnt hot to the touch. But then i looked again and i could see a faint outline of a purplish color about the size of an orange. Worries me
Posted Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 15 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

I should appreciate your observation and would request you to consult an orthopedic doctor who shall examine your daughter and do the necessary work-up. It is difficult to say what may be the reason but necessary investigations like MRI may guide us to the likely cause of the swelling and pain.

I hope I have provided you the right guidance. Please feel free to revert back for any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts of the case.

Wishing your daughter all the best.