Pain in upper epigastric area. Tested negative for H pylori. Ribs hurt and infection in lungs. Stomach feels sore. Suggest the cure?

I've been in so much pain in the upper epigastric area for 8 months. I tested negative for h pylori and my labs are not showing an infection. My ribs hurt and at the start of this I had an infection in my lungs that I did not take antibiotics for. Is it possible i have an infection in my stomach that hasn't been diagnosed? I have had an endoscopy with biopsys and am on zantac but I'm not getting better. My stomach feels sore as well as my back and ribs.
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Lung infections delayed complication.

Detailed Answer:

Take the past history, lab tests and endoscopy into consideration gastric cause may be rule out.

On the other hand persistent stomach infection with present with vomiting, fever and loose stool. So it may not be stomach infection.

In my opinion his may be due to complication of lung infection.

Without antibiotic the infection usually heal by scar tissue formation and thickening of the pleura(Covering of the lung. Doctors call this condition as Pleurisy.

CT scan of the thorax may help in arriving at a diagnosis.

Alagesic and chest physiotherapy may help overcome this problem.

Hope the answer helps you.

Follow-up: Pain in upper epigastric area. Tested negative for H pylori. Ribs hurt and infection in lungs. Stomach feels sore. Suggest the cure? 2 hours later
Thank you!!
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 8 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Wish you a speedy recovery...