Pain in upper abdomen, increases if I walk more. Possible causes ?

Good

ENT Specialist
Question
I have these days pain in upper abdoman.Looks like gastric problems but it even happen as soon as i get wakeup in moring.This pain increases if I walk more persists for almost a day.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.

It does seem like the pain in your abdomen is due to gastritis ( an inflammation of the stomach mainly due to excessive acid production). I would suggest the following:
a. Avoid spicy food; avoid alcohol and smoking
b. Eat frequent meals every few hours. Eat an early dinner and there should be atleast 2 hours between dinner and going to bed.
c. Take Syrup Digene 2 tsp twice a day for the pain
d. Speak with your physician for a course of proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole. This will greatly help relieve the pain.

Hope this helps. I will be available for follow ups.

Follow-up: Pain in upper abdomen, increases if I walk more. Possible causes ? 46 minutes later
Thankyou doctor but this is happenning from past 2 yrs but not frequently.It happens randomly once in a month or so.The pain is below the ribs in top or central stomach area.If I am sitting the pain reduces but if I stand or walk the pain increases.I get the gas barbs even if the stomach is empty,and even after i have breakfast or lunch the pain persists.I am drinking lot of water.

Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing back.
Since you have pain even after eating, it indicates that treatment is necessary. Here, lifestyle modification liking eating small meals and avoiding alcohol and smoking is more important since you have long standing symptoms. Please see a physician. A course of proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole or omeprazole will definitely help.
Hope this helps