Pain in upper abdomen, bloated stomach, ultrasound, x-ray, CT scan done, gall bladder removed & lithotripsy done

General Surgeon
48 yr old female. have pain on right side mid-section goes from front to back.pain starts out mild but becomes unbearable without medication.have had ultrasound x-rays ct scan. had gallbladder removed with gallstones.have had lithrotripsy for kidney stones once.been having this pain for around 15 other known symptoms other than bloated feeling or swollen stomach.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 9 hours later
Thanks for nice query.     

Let me collect important points in your history. Pain in the right side of upper abdomen in 48 years female, who has already been operated for cholecystectomy done and lithotripsy done once for the last 15 months. Pain starts as mild and intensity increases with the passage of time without medication and pain becomes unbearable and radiates to the back.
Feeling of bloated and swollen stomach.

You have not mentioned any thing about ultra sound (USG), CT scan and X-rays. Whether done before or after surgery and lithotripsy. For detailed comment, it will be nice on your part to attach or write about USG, CT scan and X-Rays and any other investigation done.

Pain in the right upper abdomen with radiation to back indicates CBD (Common bile duct) stone or some pancreatic disease. More chances of common cystic duct stone, which is seen in some patients after gall bladder removal.

CBD stone pain radiates to back and accompanied by bloating and feeling of swollen stomach.

You need detailed evaluation by a gastroenterologist to confirm the exact cause of it.

Hope, I have answered your query. please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.