Pain in thigh, pelvic area from walking a lot. Suggest remedy

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having severe pain in front of my thigh and pelvic area from walking alot and now it is going towards my right leg.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The pain that you are having is likely to be due to disc prolapse causing a nerve root compression.
The main treatment of such problem is bed rest along with pain killers and muscle relaxants. Muscle relaxants can help with your symptoms if used in appropriate dosage in combination with a potent analgesic. You can get these prescribed from your orthopedician. Taking a combination of diclofenac and Misoprostol will not help you much.
Local analgesic gels and hot fomentation may provide a short term relief. You can use analgesic gels like Volini gel. Exercise is not advisable in the times of acute pain.
Using an LS contour belt of appropriate size might be helpful in providing support to back muscles.
Physiotherapy also plays a major role in treating such conditions. Discuss with your orthopedician and an appropriate treatment can be planned depending on the response to medical drugs.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.