Pain in the vagina, black round spots present

I felt pain while washing my vaginal area and took a mirror to see what was hurting. In the crease on the left side, there is like a little tear, what bothered me are black perfectly round spots on the vulva majora, inside. There are like 6-7 of them. Can you help me?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later

Black round spots on labia majora are most likely a pigmentation spots. The other causes can be skin conditions as dermatitis, allergy or infection.

1. If the spots are sore, itchy, associated with pain, lump like or associated with burning during urination and discharge then it can be indicative of infection. You would need medical attention and proper treatment.
Sometimes just itching can also be due to fungal infection and over the counter antifungal creams as Cotrimazole might help.

2. If there is no associated symptoms then most likely these are harmless pigmented areas which do not show any change for years.

I encourage you to visit a healthcare professional if you have any of the aforementioned symptoms. Physical examination and relevant investigations are needed to formulate the right treatment.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.