Pain in the tail bone, hot flashes, nausea, dizziness, loose stools and headache. Suggestion?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I fell really hard. Since then i have extreme tail bone pain,hot flashes,nausea, dizziness, loose bowels andheadache just feel like Im on a boat and sea sick but not vomiting
Posted Tue, 26 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
It seems that you have suffered a tail bone injury associated with may be a minor head injury due to transmitted shock.
If you can consult a physician easily then it is best to get yourself examined for any neurological deficits. You can also self monitor yourself for any deterioration in the symptoms like unconsciousness, severe headache, blurred vision, bleeding from eyes, nose or ears, vomiting, etc in which case you need to rush to ER immediately.
Meanwhile you can do a hot compress in the area of injury and take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen or ibuprofen for relief.
You may also need a good muscle relaxant for symptomatic relief in case the pain is persistent.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.