Pain in the scrotum due to injury. Suggestions?

I am 25 years old and while playing cricket two days back, I got hit with a leather ball on my balls. I was wearing the guard, but I am feeling a little pain. However, I dont have a problem to move or I dont have a problem while urinating etc. Its all working fine. Can you please let me know what your thoughts are?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
A blunt trauma on the scrotum while wearing the guard is not likely to produce much injury. Mild pain might persist for few days in such soft tissue injuries.
You need to self monitor yourself regarding the change in shape, size, color, asymmetry, any tenderness and a sharp shooting pain. In case any of such symptoms appear then you need to consult your physician for proper evaluation and management. Meanwhile to decrease the mild pain that you are having you can wear tight boxer shorts.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.