Ask a Urologist   »  

Pain in the penis while urination, foamy urine. Causes?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Recently i started feeling pains on the tip of my penis when i urinate and also my urinate foams....What could that mean please
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later

Feeling pain on the tip of penis while passing the urine might be due to more acidic nature of the urine or a genital area carefully for any injury and rashes.

To prevent this, drink plenty of water. Avoid acidic fruit juices like lime juice, orange juice, etc.
Plenty of cranberry juice will help in reducing the symptoms.

You may need to do urine routine and culture to confirm the infection under your physician's guidance, so that necessary treatment with antibiotics can be initiated.

If the symptoms do not improve, you can get an ultrasound scan done to rule out any possibility of renal or ureteric calculus.

Foaming of urine does not indicate any pathology. Sometimes the pressure at the external meatus causes the foaming.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.