Pain in the ovary while eating and drinking. Ovarian cyst?

When i drink or eat something cold my left ovary hurts a little; it also hurts in cold temperature or when my boyfriend pokes at it, why is that?It never hurt before. Could it be that i have ovary cyst? I am 20 yrs old and on the 28th of Sept. i had started my menstrual cycle and on the 21st of this month i started again and im still on it.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 5 hours later

Ovarian cyst can definitely give rise to abdominal pain but not on drinking or eating.

When there is large cyst with collection inside you can have pain,which cause dull ache in the concerned side or some acute pain which needs immediate medical attention.

Some hormonal abnormality can lead to irregular cycles.You have your cycle in about 3 weeks again and still it is after 7 days,that definitely raises the possibility of some hormonal imbalance.

The best thing you need to do is,please visit your gynecologist and get your self examined and as per need an ultrasound to confirm the things.

Some discomfort after food or liquids can be due to some minor gastric aliment.Take light diet,more of fluids and avoid things which can put pressure on the part to avoid pain.

You can take simple analgesics like Tylenol in mean time as per need.

I hope this helps,if you have any follow up queries please do write again.