Pain in the ovary. Diagnosed with polyp in the cervix. Need treatment?

Question
I am 59 I stopped having periods 3 years ago. My doctor told me I have a polyp in my cervix. I ocasionally get pains on my rigt ovary. This happens maybe 1 time every 2-3 months. Not horrible pain-just annoying. I told my doctor and she thinks it's nothing. Is it?
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 hours later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern

I have noted your medical problem

I agree with your doctor. If you want you can get ultrasound of your abdomen-pelvis to verify if there is something wrong.

Hope this clarifies
Please get back to me in case you have any concern in this issue

Best wishes

Follow-up: Pain in the ovary. Diagnosed with polyp in the cervix. Need treatment? 24 hours later
I do not have insurance-so an ultrasound is not in my budget especially since my husband is currently undergoing chemo for colon cancer. If it is Nothing, why do I feel pain? What causes the pain? Also, I have not had incourse in about 8 months because of my husband's illness. Last week we had sex and it was painful for me. This has never happened to me before in my life. Is this normal? Might I need hormones because of menopause?

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 15 hours later

Thanks for the feed-back

I feel that there may be vaginal dryness due to menopause

Please get evaluated by a local gynecologist. You may benefit with hormones

Best wishes