Pain in the lower abdomen and below rib cage, bloated stomach, pain radiating to the back

I have had intense abdominal pain and full feeling stomach since standing up this morning. (no it is not time for my menstrual cycle) The pain is less when I curl up, as I have been all day. It moves from the lower ribcage, to the lower abdominal area, specifically the right. The pain is radiating and through to my back. I have also since 5years ago had right lower abdominal pain in a certain area when I have sexual intercourse. I am trying to decide whether this is from acid, the fact I had alot to eat last night and maybe just have to go to the restroom, or early menstrual cycle. However the pain is so intense it makes me shake. I am a female 27years old, 5'6, 129lbs and active. Thanks-
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
The pain you are having from the lower ribcage to the right lower abdomen is less likely to be due to gastritis and more likely to be due to intestinal infection. It seems to be intraperitoneal in nature. The following are the possibilities
1) Acute Gastrointestinal infection
2) Peptic ulcer disease
3) Gall stones or renal stones
4) Intra abdominal pathology like fatty liver

You should see a doctor if the symptoms do not reduce in 24 hours for proper investigations like ultrasound scan and some blood tests. Till then check if there is an over the counter antispasmodic available with your pharmacist. Take them after taking fluid diet, three times a day. For pain do a hot fomentation and take light easy to digest oil free food. Taking antacid like tums will also help you.
Hope this helps. I will be available for the follow up