Pain in the legs while walking. Solution?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have immense pain in legs and nerves when i walk more than my daily routine
Posted Mon, 28 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 6 hours later
Thanks for choosing Healthcare magic for your query.

The pain seems to be exertional, since it occurs only when you over walk. Pain is always nerve related, only thing that differs is its location. It could be muscles, bones or joints besides other viscera that gives rise to pain in legs. It could also be a referred pain from your spine that we all commonly know as 'Sciatica'.

There's only one way to know for sure, that is you consult your physician and have a detailed physical examination followed by relevant investigations. Meanwhile avoid activities that give rise to pain, like walking long distances, running etc. Also avoid self medications since they are misleading and only delay your visit to a medical practitioner. Always look for evidence behind a condition before treatment.

Kindly elaborate your problem for further evaluation on this forum. I hope you find this answer informative. I'm available for follow up for your further queries.