Pain in the legs, difficulty in ejaculation. Is internal prostate massage an effective treatment?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Hi, Im planning to see a uroloigst ASAP. Im 60 and havign issues with pain between my legs,, and a feeling of tremendous fullness. I havent been able to ejaculate for at least 2 months.. I can masturbate for long intervals but nothing happens.. I joked with my family Dr this week that I felt like I had a case of "Blue Balls". I was looking at symptons and treamnet and read about XXXXXXX prostate massage as a frequently used treatment. Is this effective as a treament to relleve the pressure or just "bull". Do urologists do this.. Really need some good feedback
are there any treatments that are easy. seriously, my family Dr was embarassed to discuss with me. Thx, XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Hello ,
Thanks for posting your query .
Personally I would say, that there is nothing embarrassing regarding discussion of medical problems between a doctor and a patient.
You do have symptoms of acute congestive prostatitis but it does warrant a consultation with your urologist to rule out bacterial and inflammatory prostatitis as the treatment may include an antibiotic course apart from prostatic drainage. If the cause is acute congestive prostatitis due to failure of ejaculation then XXXXXXX prostatic massage and drainage by inducing self ejaculation might relieve the symptoms.
Infrequently, a patient may require a prostatic massage by a urologist, to help drain the prostate, though this is an uncomfortable procedure not needed by the vast majority of patients.
But if the cause of prostatitis is infective then such drainage may just provide temporary relief unless treated with appropriate antibiotics.
In your case , you should first consult a urologist to confirm the diagnosis and then treatment can
be done accordingly

Hope I have answered your query.