Pain in the left testicle, repeats every half an hour. Had stent placed in heart artery. Amy suggestions ?

Dear Doctor,
I have a pain in my left testicle.coming up every half hour.I am 67 years old.frequency of urination is ongoing every hour almost for the last one year or so.I am on visit to US.I have a stent placed in a heart artery 3 years ago and continuing clobitab,Ecospirin,Rosuvas.I am an ex Army Officer and leading a healthy lifestyle.Your advice will go a long way to mitigate my problem.Regards
Posted Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 9 hours later

Thankyou for the query.
Sorry to hear about your situation.
At your age, testicluar pain could be due to infection.
Frequency of urination could be related to enlarged prostate and urinary tract infection.
The infection in turn could have spread to your testicle.
Kindly consult a doctor and he will do a physical checkup, evaluate on these lines and treat you appropriately.
This is treatable and there is no reason to worry.

Hope i answered your query, kindly get back for doubts, if any.

Get well soon,
Follow-up: Pain in the left testicle, repeats every half an hour. Had stent placed in heart artery. Amy suggestions ? 2 days later
Thank you for your advice.
My wife is a gynaecologist of 1970 vintage.Here the medical treatment is prohibitive
I have started taking Amoxycillin 500 mg BD.whitch I had brought with me for the last 2 days and there is some relief.Is there some other antibiotic drug specifically for UTI like Norflox ?.The pain in my left testicle is somewhat better.
Your advice is solicited.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later

I understand your query and concern.
If Amoxicillin gives some relief, kindly continue the same for ten days. The dose of amoxy is three times daily.
If you are not better after five day course, pls change to NORFLOX and continue for 5 days.
Try to to wear underwear at all times. ICE application for 15 minutes atleast twice daily (ice cubes in carry bag) to the scrotum will ease the pain.
Hope I answered your query. Kindly get back for any further queries.

Get well soon.
DR G Srinivasan.