Pain in the left breast, shoulder, neck and armpit. Reasons?

I am a 28 year old female. I am having pain in my left breast,left upper chest,and left shoulder also hurts up my neck sometimes and in my arm pit sometimes.
Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The pain you have described is likely to be due to a muscular stiffness or cervical spondylosis. This can be diagnosed if the pain increases on specific movements or on direct pressure on the affected area. Such pain can respond to medications like Ibuprofen 400 mg taken three times a day. This generally resolves within a week. ‎

The other possible causes include-
Pneumonitis Or Pleuritis : Here the pain increases on XXXXXXX breaths and is associated with symptoms like cough, expectoration of mucus or purulent sputum, etc.

GERD: This condition too presents with the similar symptoms as described by you and usually subsides after taking Antacids or proton pump inhibitors group of drugs.

Panic attacks: This is a condition that is seen in hyperthyroid patients with anxiety related symptoms. This can also present with chest pain, breathlessness and other generalized symptoms. This condition can also be confused with cardiac problems.

It is important to find out the exact cause after physical examination and investigations. Hence, please see your Primary Doctor for complete examination and the treatment would follow according.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.