Pain in the hips. Want to do exercise on treadmill. Safe to use Osteo Biplex?

I want to start running on the treadmill, but experience pain in one of my hips from time to time. Would a product like Osteo Biplex work?
Posted Tue, 19 Jun 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 39 minutes later
hello and thanks for the query.
Ideally you should consult an orthopedician and get the cause of fir the recurrent pain in your hip diagnosed.
The differential diagnosis of chronic recurrent hip pain is diverse including common entities such as osteoarthritis and avascular necrosis as well as less entities including synovial osteochondromatosis.
Well this was just a brief to make you take notice of it and not ignore it.
I will come to your main query now.
Osteo biflex is chondritin glucosamine.
Chondroitin is a naturally occurring substance formed of sugar chains. Chondroitin is believed to help the body maintain fluid and flexibility in the joints.

Glucosamine is sugar protein that is believed to help develop and renew cartilage (the hard connective tissue mainly located on bones near joints in the body), and keep it lubricated for better joint movement and flexibility.

The combination of chondroitin and glucosamine is widely used to aid in maintaining healthy joints. It is also used as a nutritional supplement in people with osteoarthritis or other inflammatory joint disorders.

Not all uses for chondroitin and glucosamine have been approved by the FDA. Chondroitin and glucosamine should not be substituted for medications prescribed for you by your doctor.

You may take this product but how much it is going to help you is very difficult to predict.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck