Pain in the hip, diagnosed with tendon calcification and arthrosis, blood test normal, calcium reabsorbed. De calcification methods?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have been diagnosed tendon calcification in the hip, and also a little arthrosis. This is quite painful. I have been told that some times calcium is reabsorbed. Is any way to force this decalcification?
I am 66, male, 1.80 m tall, weight 75 and used to walk a lot.
The last blood analysis was very good, except a little cholesterol.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 28 hours later

I assume the diagnosis of calcific tendinitis has all the relevant evidence of investigations and clinical findings. To cure it one needs to know your exact work conditions and exercise routines. Overuse (repetitive activity) or overload (sudden increase in activity) often accentuates tendinitis.

Whatever the cause, it usually responds to relative rest, ice fomentation, use of neoprene sleeve, anti inflammatory medicines, alteration in work or exercise habits and certain orthotics. Post traumatic calcific tendinitis can be prevented by administering Indomethacin orally. This drug is very harmful and should be taken under strict observation.

Along the aforesaid plan of treatment you may also consider appropriate flexibility and strengthening programs at a physiotherapy clinic. They also help with providing local ultrasonic therapy that speed up the recovery.

Hope I've answered your query. If you need further clarification on any topic I'm available for follow up.