Pain in the head, pulsing sound in ears, back pain. Serious issue?

I am a 23 year old female 5'4 and about 250 lbs. the past few months i have been getting the worst pains on the bottom right side of my head. its not like a headache or migraine..just pain, if that makes sense. always in the same exact area. and recently my right earstarted acting up as well. its like i can hear my heart beating, and like a seashell sounds. if i move my head to the right it will stop but if i move my head to the left it will be louder. i dont know if that is related to the intense pains in the back, bottom right area of my head but im worried it could be very serious. thank you for your time i hope i can get some answers
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 29 minutes later

It looks like you are suffering from an infection of the inner ear, most likely to be suppurative otitis media. That will explain the most symptoms you are facing right now.

I strongly recommend you to visit an ENT specialist for an examination to prevent complications.
For the pain you could take paracetamol and also start with an antibiotic like ciprofloxacin to take care of the infection. Please discuss about this with the doctor.

It does not sound like a headache or a migraine.

Avoid cold climate by putting mufflers. Avoid water from entering into the ear. For now, also avoid listening to loud music.

Have a speedy recovery. If there is any other doubt please let me know, I'll be happy to help.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Pain in the head, pulsing sound in ears, back pain. Serious issue? 4 hours later
My ear doesnt hurt. and the ear issues only started recently. my head pain started a few months ago way before the ear issue. what could the pain in the back lower right side of my head be?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 19 minutes later
I am happy you got back.

Ear need not always pain and migraine usually will present with pain behind the eye and largely one sided especially to the side of the head.

Now coming to what structures are there behind and lower side of the head, it is the brain stem and the spinal cord.

The painful lesions there would be aneurysms and Cerebro-vertetbral junction anomalies. The best investigation for that would be MRI (Magnetic Resonant Imaging) brain with spine screening