Pain in the foot, collapsed foot joint, Plantar fasciitis, steroid shot taken, no improvement. Treatment options?

I am 30 years old, 5'7", 250 lbs...I have plantar's faciitis as a result of that I have a collapsed joint in my right foot. I have had a steriod shot in the bottom of my right heel and also one into the joint that had collapsed. I am still having pain where the joint is collapsed. I wear a walking boot so I don't put anymore pressure on that foot so not to cause a stress fracture and I have another boot that I wear at night to stretch the muslce along the botton of my foot. This treatment has been going on for about 4 weeks now with very little improvement. What would be the next steps from here?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Severe plantar fasciitis with joint collapse usually needs local or systemic steroids for improvement. The boots that you are using do show effect a bit slowly.
If you had taken local steroid injections 4 weeks ago then you can have a second dose for earlier relief.
Short wave diathermy might help in increasing the blood circulation in the area and enhancing the response of the treatment you are getting.
Local massage of the area is also helpful sometimes. If nothing of the above measures show any substantial response for next 4 weeks then surgery is the only option left.

Hope this answers your query.I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.