Pain in the face after rhinoplasty, ovarian cyst, tendinitis. Are these complications of rhinoplasty?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had a rhinoplasty 2 years ago. After3-4 months after, I begin to feel strong pain on the left side of my face. It's still very strong and my doctor cannot explain why. It's really terrible, every day.
Then, 6 months ago I had a cyst in left ovary.
Actually I have a tendinitis (left shoulder).
As you can notice : always left side.
Have you ever heared about these symptom after a rhinoplasty ?
Thank you
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
The pain in the left side of face after rhinoplasty. left shoulder tendonitis and left ovarian cyst do not seem to be related to each other.
The pain in your face on one side may be due to a nasal congestion. Taking a steam inhalation and nasal decongestants might be helpful.
Since your doctor has already examined you, it is not likely to be due to rhinoplasty you had two years ago.
Ovarian cysts are mostly functional in nature and do wax and wane with the changing hormonal levels in the body.
Let me reassure you that I do not think there is any type of serious issue going on. Consulting a neurologist will help in finding out the XXXXXXX cause of facial pain.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Pain in the face after rhinoplasty, ovarian cyst, tendinitis. Are these complications of rhinoplasty? 18 hours later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX Tayal,
Thank you very much for your answer.

I just would like to tell you that the pain on the left size of my face is a very strong twinge: this twinge begin on left eyebrow, goes to the left ear, continue on the neck.
After my septorhynoplasty I have note very big edema. I always swollen skin.
Do you confirm it can come from a nasal congestion ?

I asked you if there is any relation between this pain and the left shoulder tendonitis because of the trajectory of the twinge.

About left ovarian cyst, I'm not worried anymore because I had a surgery for it and no problem here.

If you confirm the nasal congestion for my main problem, I'll be glad to follow your advice, which seems to be very consistent.

Thank you again.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 17 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

Nasal congestion is a strong possibility; but it cannot be confirmed till a detailed examination is done.
Trigeminal neuralgia is another condition that needs to be ruled out. Examination by an ENT surgeon is beneficial.

Left shoulder tendonitis is not likely to be related to the facial pain that you are having. The shoulder pain is least likely to refer to the face.

Hope my answer is helpful.