Pain in the eye due to broken blood vessels, headache, hypertension. History of leaky aortic valve. Taking baby aspirin. Cure?

I have a broken blood vessel in my left eye (since Sunday wake up). today I feel some pain in the eye, like a slight headache on the left side of eye, off and on. Also feel a little woozy, off and on. Checked blood pressure at home and it was l45/75, don't know how accurate. Have a leaky aeortic valve, take red rice yeast extract, Q10, baby asprin daily in the PM. Worked out at the gym this AM about 45 minutes, age 71, good shape, 6', 220, no gut.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Neelam Pawar 43 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

Its good that you are doing regular exercise and your blood pressure is under control.
As you have mentioned that you had broken vessel in your left eye which probably is subconjuctival hemorrhage i.e leakage of blood from small vessel under the conjuctiva ( outer white portion of over eye).

Causes of subconjuctival hemorrhage are
1. Idiopathic.
2. Hypertension.
3. Kidney disorder.
4. Trauma.
5. Severe cough.
6. Bleeding disorders, platelet deficiency.

Sometime viral and bacterial conjunctivitis can lead to watering, discomfort and subconjuctival hemorrhage.

You are using latanoprost, which sometimes on prolonged usage can cause mild redness and irritation but will not cause large subconjuctival hemorrhage.

As per your history it doesnot seem to be related to any above mentioned causes.

It would be better for you to consult an ophthalmologist and have your eyes checked. Take opinion from your family physician also to rule out any other systemic disorder.

Please do revert back if you had any doubts and you need any assistance related to query.

Wishing healthy and happy life
Dr Neelam Pawar .