Pain in the elbow after injury. Medication?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I practice Jiu-jitsu, and my left elbow hurt when touch it. I feel the pain on the left side of the center when I put pressure on it. The pain is not constant. At time I have to press hard to feel the pain and at other time just a slight touch will do. When I touch the elbow it seems that I can feel a sort of tube that move around inside the elbow
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The pain in the back of elbow felt in pressing the area is likely to be related to a tendon compression or inflammation. Most commonly it is caused by a tennis elbow or cubital tunnel syndrome.
You can help the improvement by-
1. Give adequate rest to the arm.
2. Apply cold therapy.
3. Get some anti-inflammatory medication prescribed from your orthopedician.
4. Immobilize the arm for a short period.
5. Neural stretching exercises are helpful under the care of a physiotherapist.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.