Pain in the buttoks to the foot frequently. Whats the treatment, advise?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
pain going down my legI am a 30 year old man I'm 5'9 n 159 pounds, i have pain behind my nut sack going down around my butt hole n the pain gos down my right leg for about a foot or so I do not do any type of sexual act with my butt I am straight, after I have sex (with a woman) (after I cum) I notice the pain start a few mins or so, the pain stays for hours sometime or start out of nowhere, like when I am walking down the street or me just doing nothing
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
It seems that due to excessive stress and exertion to which your back muscles were not used to, you have suffered a myofascial pain syndrome. There may be some spinal disc related problem involved which is causing you a persistent pain radiating to the leg due to compression of the nerve roots.
You need to consult an orthopedician who after an examination will order tests like MRI of spine to find the extent of damage you have suffered.
The main treatment of such pain is bed rest along with pain killers and muscle relaxants. Muscle relaxants can help with your symptoms if used in appropriate dosage in combination with a potent analgesic.
You can get the appropriate drugs prescribed from your Orthopedician after examination.
Meanwhile you can follow these measures:
- If the pain is severe, you need bed rest till the pain resolves.
- Get some analgesics prescribed and apply analgesic spray or ointments.
- While resting, keep a pillow under your knees if it doesn't bother you.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects.
- Back strengthening exercises and stretching exercises for your hamstrings daily as advised by a Physiotherapist.
- Avoid exercises in times of pain.
- Improvise your posture while sitting.
- Using an LS contour belt of appropriate size might be helpful in providing support to back muscles.
Also, maintain a proper posture while working, sitting and standing. Keep your back straight. If you work for long hours on the computer, the following link will tell you the posture to maintain while working:
WWW.WWWW.WW Back strengthening exercises will also help.
Physiotherapy is also plays a major role in treating such conditions. Epidural steroid injections have been used if oral pain killers are not very effective and surgical treatment is not considered. Discuss with your orthopedician and an appropriate treatment can be planned depending on the response to medical drugs.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.