Pain in the belly button while coughing, constipation. Treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am constipated, go once aweek after using laxatives - stool hard, dry, use a surgical glove to help get the feces out. Now I have a very sore belly buttton, especially when I cough.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 46 minutes later
Pain in the belly button could be due to a muscle strain due to improper stretching or an infected belly button.
Obesity, lack of navel cleansing or exposure of navel to sun might also contribute to the pain.
General cleanliness is the most effective way to avoid such infections.
I encourage you to consult your physician for a good local examination and prescription of proper antibiotics for treatment.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.