Pain in the back on the right side. Cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Pain on the right side of the back close to stomach area.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 23 minutes later

Pain on right side of the back close to the stomach area is most likely due to the renal causes. This can be due to an infection or calculus.

A proper focal examination and evaluation are entailed. It needs to be evaluated by urine examination and ultrasound scan of abdomen which you can do under the guidance of your general physician.

Usually proper antibiotics and anti spasmodics are needed for relief. Meanwhile, doing a hot fomentation will help in relieving pain for some time.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.