Pain in the back of the head, short term memory, anxiety. Is it brain tumor?

I keep having sharp pains on back of head usually in the same spot and I have been having short term memory , I have also been having anxiety so is it because of my anxiety that I feel those head pains , I have also been feeling tired all the time, or does it have to do with a brain tumor or Is it an early sign of anything?????
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 16 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

You seem to be suffering from acute anxiety as headache, tiredness, memory loss are quite common complaints with this. These symptoms are not suggestive of brain tumour as the common and usual symptoms in a patient with brain tumour are seizures, dizziness, hearing loss, speech problems, vision problems, etc.

Some simple measures that can help you include-

1. Practice relaxation exercises like yoga, XXXXXXX breathing exercises, etc.
2. Involve in regular workout or exercise like aerobics?
3. Decrease sugar intake in your diet.
4. Indulge in some interesting hobbies.
5. Listen to music; go to parks or picnics with friends, etc.

These will relax your tension to a large extent and you will feel better. There are some drugs like escitalopram (lexapro), sertraline, etc., which can help you in early recovery. You can obtain these drugs by a prescription from a doctor after a detailed consultation.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept the answer in case you do not have follow up query.