Pain in the back, neck, shoulder and arm. ECG normal. Increased heart rate. Cardiac problem?

I feel the pain in the left side back , neck ,solder and under arm also, some time i feel in the side of right , it happened only from last months
Is this the reason because of cardiac problem (pain in the left side )? my ECG report is normal (some time heart beats will increase till 98)
or some thing else
please suggest me what should i do, how we go proceed so that i can know the cause
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 8 hours later

From your history the pain you have in back, neck, left arm, shoulder and even the pain is on right side that means the pain is arising from the neck. It is not related to heart as your ECG is normal.

The pain you have is more likely related to strained muscle of neck and back due to improper position during sleep or while doing some work.

I would suggest you to take a over the counter pain killer like Paracetamol or if you are not allergic or asthmatic then you can even take Ibuprofen along with Paracetamol. Fomentation with hot water bag will help to relieve the spasm.

If you do not feel better in a day or two please consult a doctor in person and get treated as then you may need muscle relaxant which the doctor will prescribe.

As for the increase in heart rate it may probably due to anxiety so you need to relax. Again I reassure you that since the ECG was normal a heart problem is unlikely.

Hope you find this answer helpful. In case of any query you may write back and I shall be available for help.

Please accept this answer if you have no further queries.