Pain in the arm muscles. Remedy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have sore arm muscles for two months. Very painful during the nite while trying to sleep. Hurts awful to put my arms behind my back and lifting the over my head.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

Sore muscles of both the arms without any history of trauma at your age are suggestive of frozen shoulders.

Diabetes is commonly associated with such a complaint. You need to get your blood glucose levels checked.

For the pain you are having right now, you can start taking Tablet Tylenol ( Acetaminophen) Double Strength after breakfast and after dinner. It is suggested to add calcium supplements 500mg each twice daily. This will take care of your mild symptoms in 3-5 days. Hot fomentation and local analgesic gels like Flexall will also help in relieving the pain.

You need good muscle relaxants for relieving the muscle spasm. Physiotherapy is necessary after the pain subsides for regaining the shoulder movement.

Investigations like MRI of shoulder joint is needed to rule out any other soft tissue pathology.

You may get the initial physical examination, relevant tests and necessary drugs prescribed from your orthopaedician.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.