Pain in the arm. MRI done. Need suggestions

hi there can anything be determined by this mri scan? My arm has been in pain for a while now.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ranjeet Jagdale 3 hours later

Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scans can be rightly interpreted only when all the images and studies are looked at carefully. I am sorry, but the images you have sent are inadequate to formulate an opinion.

I request you to mail the complete study so that an opinion can be given.

You can upload them here. Alternatively you can mail them to my attention (Attn Dr. Ranjeet Jagdale) at YYYY@YYYY

Awaiting your response

Best Regards
Follow-up: Pain in the arm. MRI done. Need suggestions 1 hour later
I have sent several images to your the email provided all shall be uploaded within the hour. Thanks so kindly
Answered by Dr. Ranjeet Jagdale 13 hours later
Hi, having gone through the images provided by you , I did not find any obvious abnormality in your scans, but I have few questions for you
1. Since you have pain only on left elbow, why the scan is done for both elbows?
2. Can you be more specific in exact site of pain and nature of pain?

Neverthless your MRI images look normal and there is no evidence to suggest something like tennis elbow or joint dislocation.

Anticipating your response
Take Care.
I was in an accident and came down on my arms on the steering wheel very abrubtly - i was in alot of pain as my elbows were straightened out very quickly as i pushed back on the steering wheel.

the pain feels like elastics snapping in my elbow on the outer side of them by the bone - my right one more than my left one.

The major pain is in my Right elbow. Lesser pain in my left.

I am so relieved to hear nothing major has gone on but I certainly am in major pain if i move my elbows outward horizontally .

Answered by Dr. Ranjeet Jagdale 8 hours later
Thank you for the details,

If you are in pain it needs a thorough evaluation of the elbow joint and bones by an Orthopedic Surgeon. Ideally doctors give pain medication in the form of NSAIDs like Ibuprofen to allow better examination and give time for better healing. If you have a radiograph of the elbow joints with adjacent bones, please do take to the doctor along. The treatment differs if there is any restriction of movements.

It really helps the expert to go through the images while listening your complaints and physical examination.