Pain in the abdomen, nausea, bloating, chest pain. Is this acid reflux disease?

Hello doctor.
I'm 22 and I've been having dull ache under ribs and above belly button. Almost feel hungry at the same time. Also feel nauseous. Feeling bloated and gassy for the last few months with soft fluffy mousse flakey like stools with some undigested food in it like nits and seed and spinach ect. I get a urge to have a bowel movement as soon as I wake up. Then I will go again 15 minutes later . I went to doctors about dull ache and he said its probably reflux because of my history and he gave me some rantadine. Last time I had reflux I had extreme chest pain where as I have none now.
Posted Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 10 hours later

You appear to be having dyspeptic symptoms. These certainly don't appear to be due to reflux. I presume you are non-diabetic, have never passed blood in your stools, are not loosing weight and there is no fever.

Since your symptoms are for last few months and bowel symptoms are also associated with upper abdominal discomfort, possibility of IBS) is there. However bowel infection such as giardiasis should be ruled out, by doing a stool examination. Another possibility of lactose intolerance should also be considered, you should try to omit milk and related products from your diet and see the effect on your symptoms.

You will also require a general physical examination by your physician to rule out any suggestive signs of anaemia and malabsorption.

Let me know if I can address any other concerns.

Good Luck to you.