Pain in the abdomen during menstruation. Is scanning required?

For the past 3 menusral cycle (once in 40 -50 days period) I am getting kind of pain in the abdomen, which goes off after first/second day of period. Uncomformatable during this time.... Any specific reason, or a scanning required ?
Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 22 minutes later

Any change in pattern of menstrual cycle should be looked in to. If the pain in non specific and you are not having any major problem, you can wait.

With advancing age some hormonal changes do takes place and may affect the pattern and duration of cycle.

As you are hypothyroid please get your thyroid status checked on regular basis. Changes in level of thyroid also can lead to abnormality.

At present in my opinion there is no need for ultrasound. In case the pain or bleeding increases you should consult a doctor and then go for ultrasound as per advice.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to write again if you have some more queries, in case you do not have more queries please accept the answer.

Follow-up: Pain in the abdomen during menstruation. Is scanning required? 1 hour later
Thank you Doctor :-)
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 9 minutes later

Thanks for reply,please accept the answer and close the query.

Have a great time.