Pain in the abdomen after a fall, chest and abdomen x-ray suggested

10 days ago My 6 year old son fell off a climbing frame about 5 feet on to his back. He was winded and couldnt breathe but didnt appear to have any injuries. However 10 days on he has on and off complained of a sore stomach, in the middle of his body. He doesnt seem to be overly bothered but bothered enough to keep mentioning it. He is eating and acting normally. I thought initially he had pulled a muscle but I thought it would have healed by now. Should I take him to A&E?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 20 minutes later
I would suggest that an xray chest and a ultrasound abdomen be done .He may have bruised ribs.If he's eating normally,then abdominal trauma seems less likely but in a child its always better to be cautious.
If any fractures are ruled out then he should get better with strapping,rest and medication.
He may have pulled a muscle too,and usually takes longer to heal in a child.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them