Pain in testicles and groin area. Pain while ejaculation. No lumps. Can this be cancer?

I'm not sure how to properly say this, but my balls slightly ache from time to time. It's usually the left one and it usually isn't the testicle itself, but the area above it, tubing, etc. I worry about cancer, but there doesn't seem to be a lump (Would the lump be obvious? Is it limited to the testicles themselves?). If I don't ejaculate for a couple of days, it will cause some pain when I do reach orgasm and it seems that my semen is "chunky" at that point. Also, I seem to be more aware of them- I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but I remember this going back at least a year.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

I would start with saying that the chances of it being cancer are remote.

Based on your description I like to consider a condition called Torsion of testis where blood circulation to testis is compromised partly and causes pain in the groin and give a feeling of heaviness in the testis.It is very comon condition seen in males and also easily manageable.

First I would suggest you to get a colour doppler scan of the testis to confirm the fact and present yourself to a urologist for better management.

You can take one tab Motrin whenever it hurts but limit 3 tab per day.Do support the testis with a strap of cloth tied to your boxers as more the shagging more will be the pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Pain in testicles and groin area. Pain while ejaculation. No lumps. Can this be cancer? 25 minutes later
Thank you very much Dr. XXXXXXX I will make an appointment. For my piece of mind, what does cancer feel like? How do I properly examine myself and are lumps obvious?

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Hi again,

Thanks for writing back.

Cancer most of times will be associated with weight loss and loss of appetite. Pain in the testis is rarely encountered in cancers and you shall see an obvious swelling in the testicles if its a cancer.Also when you roll the testis between your fingers you shall feel its surface being roughened in severe cancers.

As I previously said need not worry, I do not have any supporting fact to even consider cancer as a diagnosis here.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.

Follow-up: Pain in testicles and groin area. Pain while ejaculation. No lumps. Can this be cancer? 32 minutes later
Thank you so much, Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
You are welcome.

Thanks for using this service.