Ask a Urologist   »  

Pain in testicle ball. What could be the reason?

unsure about what you should doI have a not in my nut sack next to my balls and it's extremely painful and I also have extremely painful ripping like pane coming from my behind what is going on and do I need to see a doctor asap
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 26 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

The appearance of a knot like substance, which would resemble a lump; whether hard or soft, movable or immobile; painful or painless all indicate the possibility of the following conditions:
-Hydrocele: collection of clear fluid/seminal fluid in the XXXXXXX membranes of the testicle
-Spermatocele: is a retention cyst of a tubule of the rete testis or the head of the epididymis distended with barely watery fluid that contains spermatozoa
-Varicocele: is an abnormal enlargement of the pampiniform venous plexus in the scrotum
-Cyst:is a closed sac, having a distinct membrane and division compared to the nearby tissue. It may contain air, fluids, pus, or semi-solid material
-Testicular cancer: rare; develops in the testicles

All of these conditions will at first, require a physical examination by a doctor, and then followed up by laboratory investigations. Thus, I request you to please not panic, as this could be one of the minor above listed conditions, and can easily be treated and completely resolved.

Do not worry, and visit a doctor at the earliest, who will examine, diagnose and treat you of your condition. I hope this information helps, do write back to me for any further clarifications. I would be more than happy to help you.

Wishing you lots of luck and a speedy recovery.

Dr. Khan