Pain in testicle. Radiates up inguinal canal and pubic area. Have borderline WBC and RBC. Showed mild epididymitis and a varicocele. Help?

Pain in left testicle..
I have an ongoing pain that burns in my left testicle and radiates up my inguinal canal and a dull ache over my pubic area. This happened about 2 weeks after having unprotected oral sex performed on me.
I had multiple urine tests done to check for chlamydia and gonorrhoea all which came back negative, uti culture negative but with borderline WBC and RBC( the dr didn't think it was relevant).
Had an ultrasound done which showed a possible mild epididymitis and a varicocele...
I'm just really worried about spreading an infection to my wife as this would devastate our marriage!!
Could the multiple urine tests all be negative... I don't want to go on antibiotics until a strain has been identified, but I don't want to be in pain for much longer.
If its not an sti, what else could it be, and is it likely to resolve itself...
I just can't seem to get any of my doctors to give a straight answer
Thank you so much for your time
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
std unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back. I understand your worry.
Aches and pains do not always get a straight answer.
I may not be right, but i am writing my thoughts based on your history.

STD is unlikely because STD either presents as a painful or painless lesion in the penis or a glandular swelling in the groin.

If neither are/were present and if has crossed 3 months, STD is very unlikely.

But you need to check for HIV, as it presents late.

So why is the pain?
I can attribute the pain to epididymitis or varicocele or early groin hernia.
I suggest
1. Scrotal support- that would ease the scrotal pain.
2. Get varicocele corrected by open or lap surgery.
3. Keep a watch every 6 months for hernia.
Hope this helps
Best regards