Pain in testicle. Pain left after re-positioning. Should I monitor it myself or visit a doctor?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have woke up the past two mornings with pain in my right testicle. After I repositioned myself , the pain went away, and I'm fine during the day, no tenderness. I gingerly pulled and moved it around today and no pain. Is this something to go to a Doctor with, or just monitor and see if it subsides?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Mild pain in the testicle only in the morning which disappears on its own after sometime is not worrisome. Such mild pain with no other associated symptoms might happen due to some abnormal position or pressure on the testicles.
You can self examine your testicles for any visible swelling or a palpable lump.
If there is no abnormality detected then there is no need to rush to a doctor now. You can self monitor the pain for a few days. Most of the times it subsides spontaneously.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.