Ask a Dentist   »  

Pain in teeth, fix and redo crowns. Recommended?

Dentist, Pedodontics
i have been having issues with my teeth lately , every time i fix one the pain does not go away , my dentist told me i have to fix all my crowns and redo them again
i understand i have to redo my crown if i have infection , but the pain is coming all in once from all of them ?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Amitabha Chakraborty 5 hours later

Thank you for the query.

In fact, your chief complain is not clear to me. I think you want to know about whether you need crowning of some of your teeth.

It would be better if you send me Intra oral periapical (IOPA) X-rays of your offending teeth, or an Orthopantomogram(OPG), so that the conditions of your teeth can be seen. I can give more specific suggestions after having a look at that.

You have removed the wisdom tooth, but I did not understand what you mean by fixing your tooth. Will you please clearly write what kind of treatment you had received for other than the wisdom tooth. If you still have pain after three days of extraction of wisdom tooth, it is expected that, there could be some kind of infection occurred in the offending area.

A five day course of Amoxicillin 500 mg + Clavulanic acid 125 mg (Augmentin 625 mg) can be taken along with Ibuprofen that you are taking. But I would advise you to take Paracetamol 1 gm ( two 500 mg tablets) whenever necessary, to reduce your pain, instead of Ibuprofen, as Ibuprofen has lot of side effects.

I will try to give you more clear suggestion if I receive your X-rays.

I hope, this answers your query.

Awaiting your OPG report.