Pain in stomach due to reflux problem and benign growth in kidney. Could I ask a doctor?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Hello Doctor I have never suffered from constant reflux(maybe be a bit queasy after fish and chips at times) the last 2 days I have had 6 out of 10 upper pain in stomach middle going through to my back. Settled with 2 quick ease - that was yesterday. Today have a bit of a sick feeling and pain on left upper back. I am hoping this is not anything to do with the quickeze as I have a benign growth on that kidney. Quickeze warns not for any one with kidney impairment. I didn't know that. Also have started with sinus probs the last one and half years. Deviated septum on r side. Also a turnover of conjestion in my lung when I go to laugh. I call this my silent cough! I can cough up pale yellow mucus each morning about a 10 cent piece size. That is all then till the next morning. I also have Hashmatos Thyroid Disorder which I take natural Thyroid for. I am under a Holistic Doctor for that. Thanks for all Warm Regards XXXXXXX XXXX
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Medications & precautions will give you relief. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, it seems that you need medications for many symptoms. For now, you can take Omeprazole 40 mg along with Domperidone 30 mg for relief from reflux. You should follow some precautions which includes :- 1. Avoid spicy/oily foods. 2. Do not miss a meal. 3. Drink lots of water daily. 4. Avoid mental/emotional stress. 5. Avoid smoking and alcohol, if any. If you are having respiratory distress on laughing, you may be having bronchoconstriction and needs a bronchodilator therapy. Nebulization with a bronchodilator or use of a inhaler can be of help. You should send sputum(yellow mucus that you are coughing out) for Culture and Sensitivity examination. This will help in choosing the appropriate antibiotic for the infection. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.