Pain in shoulder and legs, weakness in body. Why is this happening?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi Doc,

I am feeling some pain in my shoulder and lages and weekness in my body from last 15 days.
Please suggest.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 29 minutes later
Pain in the shoulder and legs associated with generalised weaness for last 15 days could be due to-
1. Generalized viral illness.
2. Improper diet.
3. Abnormal body posture, muscle overuse.
4. Electrolyte imbalance.
5. Hormonal disbalance like hypothyroidism.
5. Anxiety neurosis.
These symptoms are not likely to be related to the typhoid fever you had 5 months ago.
All these possibilities need to be ruled out after a proper physical examination and related blood tests.
Till the time you get evaluated for these possibilities, there are some of the other lifestyle options which you can follow:

1) You can take a mild pain killer like paracetamol or ibuprofen for symptomatic relief. Taking a well balanced will be helpful.

2) Do not take caffeine or alcohol at night just before going to bed.

3) Indulge in yoga and meditation to calm your mind.

4) You can also indulge in progressive muscle relaxation which is useful in anxiety by alternately tensing and relaxing the muscles.

I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal