Pain in shin bone, swelling, negative for blood clotting. Reason?

Hi, I have a pain that runs along the inside of my XXXXXXX bone from my ankle to my knee. I have also experienced swelling on and off for about a year now .I have already been tested for blood clotting which was negative.I drive a truck over the road, so I wonder if this could cause this? Anything I should be concerned about?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jagdish 4 hours later

The Pain along the XXXXXXX you have could be from varicose veins or peripheral arterial disease .

Get Arteriovenous Doppler to rule out peripheral arterial disease and venous malformations .

Another commonest cause for such a presentation would be by high BP , get your BP examined.
In some rare instances the swelling in the leg could be attributed to heart problems. Discuss about ECG to rule out cardiac problems.

Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place. Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.
Follow-up: Pain in shin bone, swelling, negative for blood clotting. Reason? 9 hours later
Thank you very much for your answer. Is their anything that I can do to help the pain and swelling untill I can see a doctor? And do you see patients, accept blue cross, and have truck parking where I can come and see you?
Answered by Dr. Jagdish 14 hours later

Knowing the reason guides me to manage the problem. For pain, you may try take over the counter pain killer like Tylenol or Ibuprofen or naproxen. For swelling, Keep the head end of the bed elevated; take frequent breaks while driving; Use compression stocks while driving.

I work as an online medical consultant along with private practice. I am sorry we cannot XXXXXXX as we stay in two different countries.

I hope this will be helpful.