Pain in right torso under right rib along with numbness and itching. What could be the reason?

for the last four days I have had a topical pain in my right torso under my right rib which spreads round to my back area. This is often added to with quite a sore pain in my upper right side under my rib area. The skin area from my torso round to my back is numb and it is sometimes itchy. I am female aged 55years and in good health
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Suspected herpes zoster,advice-given,can send pic?

Detailed Answer:

According to your saying, the symptoms refer mostly to a herpes zoster, a viral infection. If you could send a picture of the affected area to see if you have any blister-like or vesicle-like skin erruptions.

In this case, you should not be worried, I'd suggest to drink plenty of water, take analgezic drugs (paracetamol, ibuprofen I mostly prescribe). In severer cases, antiviral treatment are prescribe based on your physical examination and general health.

Hope this helped!

p.s. if you have further concern, do not hesitate to write me back!