Pain in rib cage, pain near kidney and liver area. Liver had lesion. WBC and bilirubin high. What is this?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hello doctor, could you please help me?
About 2 years ago my problem started and till now nobody was able to make diagnoses. I have a pushing/burning pain under the right ribcage. The pain was moving into the centre. I also had a paind in back again right side in the kidney and liver area and also down. I had endoscopy done, biopsy taken= results negative, had ultrasound= liver had a lesion but been told that this could not make the pain, otherwise all good, had an MRI scan two weeks after and all good and no lesion on liver found. Symtoms disappeared.
Last summer and had it all back and been taken to hospital, new ultrasound done= lesion on liver again and white blood cell higher (0000)+bilirubin a bit higher. I have been give antibiotics. After two weeks again symptoms disappeard. Two weeks later it came all back but stronger+dizziness and temperature. Another blood test and the same result+ white blood cells up and billirubin.
The last attach I am having now, my stool is light color and the other symptoms are the same.
Doctors do not know what to do because all other test for liver and kidney are good.
My dad has been diagnosed with bowel cancer and has Crohn disease. I do not know if this has anything to do with me. I am 34 and my dad 56.
Thank you very much for your answer

Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 16 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query.

I understand your concern. I will be able to understand the problem better if you could provide me the following details:
1) Is there any precipitant or relieving factor for the pain?
2) Do you have any associated symptoms like - urinary or bowel disturbances, appetite, weight loss, fever, clinical jaundice, color of stools, any itching, etc?
3) If you could send me the scanned copy of your reports and details of medicine used, it might be useful.
4) Do you use any contraception?

I will be able to address your concerns better after receiving a reply from your end.

Awaiting your reply

Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Pain in rib cage, pain near kidney and liver area. Liver had lesion. WBC and bilirubin high. What is this? 17 hours later
Hello Dr XXXXXXX
Thank you for your respons

1) the pain is mainly when I sit, no painkiller works to calm the paid
2)symptoms: no sysmptoms mentioned above only pushing/burning pain in right upper quadrant of abdomen, the pain changing to back, the attack usually takes one week and at the end of the week i have pain around my belly button.
3) please see attached blood test and ultrasound from 2009, endoscopy
I also had MRI scan where nothing was found even the lesion mentioned on ultrasound
in 2011 i had blood test which is also attached and another ultrasound, ovaries scan,
I had also spine scan but all good.
4) I do not use contraception

Thank you XXXXXXX Movahhed Snebergr

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 7 hours later

It looks like we haven't received the reports that you attached. Do reattach the reports and any other details that may be relevant here. If you find any difficulties in attaching them, you can mail those to my attention ("ATTN: Dr. XXXXXXX Chandra) and send to YYYY@YYYY

I will be able to address your concern soon.

Awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Pain in rib cage, pain near kidney and liver area. Liver had lesion. WBC and bilirubin high. What is this? 2 days later
Hello Dr,

please find attached the reports.

Thank you XXXXXXX Movahhed Snebergr

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 11 hours later
Hi and thanks for the reports
Small hemangiomas are more easily seen on an ultrasound than a normal CT/ MR. A triple phase CT/ MR is best to see a hemangioma as it fills up rapidly and shows a centripetal fashion. Hemangiomas close to the surface and are subcapsular can cause mild discomfort and pain. Hemangiomas are harmone sensitive and increase in size with exposure to estrogen harmone - pregnancy and contraceptive pills.
Please provide the endoscopy report as gastritis itself can produce the symptoms listed here. Both these conditions will have a normal blood workup
Dr XXXXXXX